GaN C- to X-band Quasi-MMIC High Power Amplifiers
MEC has successfully designed GaN-based Quasi-MMIC HPAs for different customers.
Their characteristics are:
- GaN Power Bars (can be chosen from different vendors) + MMIC passive only matching networks
- Full-matching (to the system reference impedance)
- Easy DC to RF decoupling
- Very Compact dimension compared to Hybrid Pallet Amplifiers
- Broader frequency bandwidth compared to Hybrid Pallet Amplifiers
- Suitable to be integrated in very compact SSPA schemes
- Lower Cost compared to full MMIC
- Faster Time to Production compared to full MMIC
Typical achieved performance on previously designed Quasi-MMIC HPAs at X-band.
|Data File||Part Number||Description||Package||Frequency|
|Output @Max PAE|
|MECXQMM-20W||20 Watt X Band||QMMIC||8.2 - 10.4||12||900||30||43.5||40|
|MECXQMM-50W||50 Watt X Band||QMMIC||7.8 - 9.5||12||2200||30||47.0||35|
|MECXQMM-60W||60 Watt X Band||QMMIC||8.3 - 10.3||11||1500||30||47.8||33|
|MECXQMM-70W||70 Watt X Band||QMMIC||8.4 - 9.8||12.5||1500||30||48.1||40|
Contact us if you need more details.
GaN X-band 3-stage Solid State Pallet Amplifier
- 1st Stage: 1 x MECXQMM-20W Quasi-MMIC PA
- 2nd Stage: 3 x MECXQMM-20W Quasi-MMIC HPAs
- 3rd Stage: 3 x MECXQMM-50W Quasi-MMIC HPAs
combined in a very small area. Peak output power of 140W with 30% overall PAE can be achieved in a 15% relative bandwidth at X band.